Frequently Asked Questions -- HCV Waiting List
FAQs – General Information
When will the waiting list be open?
- All applications will be accepted electronically online at: HACP Application Portal beginning 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, September 2, 2015 through Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 11:59 p.m.
- You can apply any time during that two-week window. Since ALL applicants will be placed on the waiting list, it makes no difference if you are the first or last person to submit an application. Everyone has the same chance of being selected for the waiting list.
When will the waiting list be open again?
- HACP does not know when it will reopen the waiting list after the waiting list closes on September 15, 2015. When we do reopen the waiting list again, we will post the information on our website and publicly through the newspaper and radio.
Where can I apply?
- Applicants can submit their application through the HACP website using any computer, laptop, or smartphone with internet access.
It is okay to have someone apply for you if you need help using the computer?
- If you do not have internet access and/or a computer, internet access and/or a computer are available at your local Community Center or any Public Library. In addition, HACP will have limited internet and computer access at the following locations:
- HACP Occupancy Office, 100 Ross St., Monday thru Friday 9-4;
- Bedford Hope Center, 2305 Bedford Avenue, Monday and Thursday, 9-4; Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 1-4;
- Northview Heights High Rise, 525 Mount Pleasant Road, Monday-Wednesday-Friday, 9-4;
- Caliguiri High-Rise, 803 East Warrington Avenue, Wednesday and Thursday, 9-4; and,
- Development and Opportunities Center, 1205 Liverpool Street, Monday thru Friday, 9-4
Can I submit more than one application?
- You can only submit ONE application for the Housing Choice Voucher program. Applicants who submit more than one application could result in having ALL applications removed from the waiting list.
What if I did not submit an application?
- You will have to wait until the HCV waiting list is accepting applications again. We cannot accept applications once the waiting list is closed.
FAQs – How to Apply
What if I owe money or have a criminal background?
- If at the time of your eligibility interview you currently owe money to the HACP, you will be denied and your application will be removed from the waiting list. You will have 15 days after your denial letter is mailed to either grieve the validity of the debtor or to pay the debt in full. If you grieve the validity of the debt owed to HACP and you lose the grievance, your application will be permanently denied and you will be removed from the waiting list.
- Your criminal background will be reviewed at the time of your eligibility interview. Depending on what your criminal history may be, you may be denied at that time for the Housing Choice Voucher program.
Why only accept applications online?
- The online process allows each applicant to apply at a time and place convenient for you regardless of your work or personal schedule. It also eliminates the need for standing in line and makes the chance of getting selected fair for all applicants.
What if I am disabled and don’t have internet access, a computer, or a smartphone and no one can help me?
- If you are unable to reach one of the providers, an applicant with a disability may be entitled to apply during a special application period to be held once the waiting list closes. Applicants may request information about getting help with the application by calling 412-456-5282, ext. 2. An HACP representative will review information on how to verify your disability and what types of accommodations, if any, can be made.
FAQs – Eligibility/ Requirements
Does getting on the waiting list mean I am guaranteed a voucher?
- NO. An application only puts you in a pool of applicants. All applicants will be put in order on the waiting list via random selection lottery and HACP local preference. Applicants will then be invited to attend an eligibility briefing, at which time HACP will determine if you are eligible to receive a voucher. Please note: Because HACP will be placing all successfully submitted applications on the waiting list, depending on the number of applications submitted, a significant amount of time may pass before an applicant is contacted by HACP (2 or more years).
How can I check if I am on the waiting list?
- All applicants placed on the waiting list may check their status by going to the HACP Applicant Portal at www.hacp.org after October 15, 2015 and check to see if you have a current status. Only applicants with a current application and status will be able to check to see what number they are on the list.
How long before I get a voucher?
- Because HACP will be accepting all successfully submitted applications, HACP is unable to accurately forecast when an applicant will receive a voucher. However, you may always check your applicant status by going to the HACP Applicant Portal at www.hacp.org after October 15, 2015 and check to see if you have a current status. Only applicants with a current application and status will be able to check to see what number they are on the list. HACP WILL NO LONGER CHECK YOUR APPLICANT STATUS OVER THE PHONE - YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHECK YOUR STATUS ONLINE.
Do I have to live in the city to apply?
- NO. You do not have to live in the City to apply. You may be required to live in the City of Pittsburgh for at least one year if and when you do receive a voucher and are admitted into the program.
Can I apply by myself if I am a single individual?
- YES. You can apply if you are a single individual UNLESS you are a full-time student with no dependents and are claimed as a dependent on another person’s income taxes.
FAQs – Information for Persons with Disabilities
If you are elderly and/or disabled and need a reasonable accommodation, please contact the HACP Disability Compliance Office at 412-456-5282, ext. 2. Please be advised if you are requesting a reasonable accommodation as it relates to the application process, you will be required to provide proof you are disabled and/or are elderly and that you require the accommodation for application purposes.
If you request an accommodation and are determined to be ineligible OR if your request is denied, you will not be allowed to apply during the special application period and will not be given an opportunity to reapply without an accommodation.
If you have more questions, please email the HACP staff at email@example.com; or, call 412-456-5030.